Yesterday we decided we'd get a jump start on our tax return and purchase some new living room furniture. A few days before we put some money down on a sofa/chair/ottoman set with the intent of picking them up on Saturday if we were unable to find something else we liked from RC Willey's sidewalk sale. Well, we did find some furniture we liked at a significantly lower price so we took the on sale stuff instead. We brought it home, took the old stuff out and started bringing the new stuff in. We got the chair in (as seen below with Mariah chilling, drinking her bottle) and started bringing the sofa down when we discovered that it was going to be a tight little fit to get it inside our door. Long story short, four hours and two dozen profanities later we concluded that the sofa was not going to fit into our apartment. We then loaded all four pieces of furniture back onto the trailer and dropped the old ones off at the D.I. and brought the new ones back to the store. Anyway, the day ended with the chair back inside our apartment and a matching love seat and ottoman on order. I think it will be a while until we buy some more furniture for our apartment, or it could be today. We'll see.

Here is Mariah helping mom empty the dishwasher.
3 comments:
Very cute little helper! How fun to have new furniture. We got some super deals on sofas down here in AZ after we moved here. Hope it all works out for you- and ease up on the profanities... ha ha
funny story!! but I am sure that was so frustrating! I need to come see your place...I think about it all the time and just need to call and come! I will soon. The furniture looks great... hope you like it!
oh, and I love the picture of Mariah chillin... she is too cute!
Post a Comment