alright. I'm pretty sick of the snow. On our street, the plows pile up the snow right in front of our driveway. It's usually ok if I pull out at an angle an drop off from the landlord's driveway. But today, I was leaving for an appointment and there was a car blocking the angle. Dang. So i tried to see if i could just gun it through the mound of snow. NOPE. I was totally stuck. In the middle of the road. I had to call to reschedule my appointment and then i tried to figure out what to do. I called my mom to see if she had her truck. Nope. BUT, luckily, my brother in law Kaerlek, who has a land rover was over there so she sent him to help me. Meanwhile I looked for a shovel in the garage--there wasn't one-- and i watched three trucks drive right by. Then Kaerlek showed up with his little corolla and a shovel. HA! He dug out what he could but the car was still stuck. Then my neighbor showed up and the mail carrier stopped and they all tried to push. NOTHING. Then the guys building a house a few houses away came walking up with their shovels. Then they left and brought back their big truck and pulled that sucker right out. Then the guys stayed and helped Kaerlek dig up the ice. These guys were tough. Kaerlek worked for 2 1/2 hours to clear the ice all the way to the asphalt. Wow. So, even though i know they don't read this blog, thank you to my neighbor, the mail carrier, the construction guys. It's nice to know there are still people in the world who care about perfect strangers. And thank you to Kaerlek for spending so much time make sure we were taken care of. It's nice to know that there is someone that I already know who cares so much. I really do appreciate everyone coming together to help a little pregnant girl get her car out of the snow.
4 comments:
Way to take advantage of the "poor pregnant woman" role! Just kidding--Kaerlek and those other anonymous guys are really nice.
Snow can really suck. We get ice/sleet/freezing rain tonight. Woot!
Yeah, I don't miss that! Funny to think that just a few days ago you in 75 degree weather picking oranges. Glad you had some help!
that is so neat that they helped you! how cool!
You poor thing! I woulda cried.... glad you were able to get unstuck. Hope you guys are staying warm! I did a photo shoot the other day it was nice and warm ;-)
Post a Comment